This document has legal effect so please read it carefully.
We want you to enjoy your stay at Casa Silvia but it’s important that you understand our terms and conditions.
1. By completing a booking you have accepted these terms and conditions and are agreeing to rent the villa and the grounds (“the Property”) for the period you have requested. Subject to availability, confirmation of your booking will be provided by email within 72 hours of your booking request.
2. You have agreed to pay the rent specified for the requested period by bank transfer. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total cost is required to secure your booking. The final payment must be made 6 weeks prior to the rental commencement date. A £700 fully refundable security/damages deposit is also due 28 days before the start of the rental.
3. In the event that you have to cancel your booking within the six weeks prior to the rental commencement date the full rent must be paid. If you cancel your booking more than six weeks prior to the rental commencement date you will forfeit your 50% deposit. If we do not receive your balance payment and security/damages deposit six weeks prior to the rental commencement date we shall be entitled to cancel the booking without prejudice. We strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking the rental.
4. In the unlikely event of your booking needing to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control we will refund you the full payment you have made. In such circumstances we are not liable for any costs you have incurred for any travel arrangements and/or alternative arrangements and/or consequential loss.
5. It is a legal requirement in Spain that copies of the passports of all occupiers of holiday rental property over 16 years of age are supplied to the police (Guardia Civil) prior to or upon the commencement of the rental period. Your access to the Property is conditional upon your compliance with this law.
6. The garden and pool need to be maintained and you agree that access to the Property will be provided to our staff or workmen for these purposes and any essential work, repair or routine maintenance required during the rental period (we will of course do our best to respect your privacy and not interrupt your stay).
7. Clean bath towels, pool towels and bedding are supplied. Electricity, water, gas and central heating oil are included in the rental subject to fair usage. Any additional (excessive) usage is chargeable at cost.
8. The maximum number of occupants in the Property is 10 persons all of whom take full responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions. Only persons listed on the booking may occupy the villa. Under no circumstances must more than 10 persons occupy the Property and there can be no sub-letting or re-letting of the Property during the rental period.
9. No animals are allowed on the Property.
10. Guests are expected to treat the Property and its contents with respect and to leave it as they would expect to find it, clean and in an orderly state. In exceptional circumstances additional cleaning charges will be deducted from the security deposit.
11. No smoking or vaping is permitted inside the villa or in the gardens and pool area. If smoking takes place on the terrace please use the ash-trays provided to dispose of ash and stubs. Do not throw these items in the garden as there is a very severe risk of forest fires in our vicinity. For this reason barbecuing is not permitted. Any smoking or vaping inside the villa is likely to activate smoke alarms and will also incur extra costs for deep cleansing of affected rooms and materials.
12. The rental period is from Saturday to Saturday. The Property will be available for occupancy from 4.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure.
13. Except in the case of normal wear and tear you are responsible for re-instatement where any damage occurs in the Property during the Rental period. Any damage must be immediately reported in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The security deposit will be refunded after the Property is fully cleaned and checked. In the event that the Property, fixtures or fittings are damaged the replacement/repair cost will be deducted from the security deposit. Should the security deposit not cover all the damage, repair or replacement required then we will seek extra funds to cover the difference. You agree to cover such additional damage or replacement costs within 7 days of written notification of the extra costs. The e-mail address you provide for booking purposes will be deemed to be the proper address for such notification.
14. Children under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times when they are in the garden, the pool area or in the pool. No diving should be attempted in the pool and care should be taken by anyone seeking to swim in the pool.
15. Neither ourselves nor our employees or agents shall be liable for accident, injury, loss or damage howsoever caused or suffered unless by reason of wilful default.
16. We strongly recommend that you take out cancellation, personal accident and medical insurance at the time of booking the rental.
17. The Property has been fully renovated and is regularly inspected. We nevertheless cannot guarantee that all services and equipment (such as but not limited to internet, TV and electricity) will work at all times during the rental period. However, as soon as you notify us of any fault we will do our best to rectify it without delay.
18. The Property is in a tranquil and secluded location but benefits from a very good relationship with our neighbours. We would ask you not to play loud music (and would request that you do not play music outside after 11pm or before 9am). If we receive a complaint from a local person we will notify you immediately.
19. This agreement is governed by the law of England & Wales.